Thursday, 18th august, little dog will take over the piradio station and play some
records at the abendlandung programme, “slow is the new fast”, which is normally moderated by jean & falko.
There will be no special theme for this night, I will just play my beloved records these days.
Here is a short preview:
There will be tracks from new Mississippi records releases, ambient-drones by stag hare, new folk from fonal records´paavoharju, mysterious stuff from the new dirty beaches / ela orleans split LP and from peaking lights and maybe more from the fine la station radar / night people label.
Maybe I will play some filmmusic from the soundtrack of the great movie “blue valentine” and as well some psychodelic caribian – brasilian tracks of the 50ies and 70ies from new soundway and mr. bongo re-issues, not to get too melancholic in a summer night.
This and more you can listen to :
thursday / donnerstag 18.aug.
22. 30 h. – 24 h.
or here: 88,4 UKW (in Berlin)
(later you´ll get the playlist and podcast)
So long, looking forward
howling to you
(podcast at the end)
Playlist Abendlandung, Piradio, 884 UKW/FM (Berlin), Piradio.de
18.08.2011 / 2230 – 2400
• Stag Hare – To coyote to hop (Spirit canoes, hands in the dark/inner island, 2011)
• Matt Valentine – Continuing the good life (What I became, Woodsist, 2011)
• Marisa Andersen – The night before last (The golden hour, Mississippi, 2010)
• Rail Band – Bajala Male (Buffet Hotel de la gare, Superfly, 2011)
• Unknown Youth – “Hitam Hitam” (Street Musicians of Yogiakarta, Mississippi 2011)
• Marc Lebel – La Pluie – (Roqc Folqc: Music from Quebec 1969-1979, Mississippi
Cassette MRC 57)
• O Paon – Sainte Patronne de rien partoute (Courses, Taus, 2011)
• Wyrd Vision – Sing my boat (Sing my boat/Voice of God 10” Split w/castlemusic, Blue
• Beirut – Goshen (East Harlem 7”, Pompeij, 2011)
• Paavoharju – Tuonen Marja, (Ikkunat näkevät, Fonal 2011)
• Hertta Lussu Ässä .- Mehukat Luut /Juicy Bones (s/t, de stijl 2011)
• Jen Paul – Wheel and a chime (La Station Radar Records Compilation, 2011)
• Dirty beaches – Death valley (Dirty Beaches/Ela Orleans Split (La Station
Radar/Atelier Ciseaux, 2011)
• Peaking lights – Little Birds, (Space Primitive, Night People, 2010)
• The Greg Foat Group, Dark is the Sun, Harpsichard Waltz (The Greg Foat Group 10”,
• Cyril Diaz and his Orchestra – Voodoo (Cyril Diaz 10”, Soundway, 2011)
• Lula Cortes – Nordeste oriental (Psychodelic Pernambuco, Mr. Bongo 2011)
• Matana Roberts – How much would you cost? (coin coin, chapter one – gens de couleur
libres, constellation, 2011)
• Ryan Gosling – You always hurt the one´s you love (Blue Valentine Soundtrack,
• Rafael Anton Irisarri –Watching as she reels (Hopes and past desires, 7”, Immune,
2008) (fade out after ca.3 min)
Here is the podcast, enjoy!